It’s rare for a day to go by without me scrolling through my Facebook feed. And I’m not alone: According to DMR, 65% of Facebook users log on daily.
Facebook is a personal space. People go there to hang out, get to know one
another, collaborate, and have fun. Keep this in mind as you curate content. Be
personal, be YOU.
WHAT TO POST ON FACEBOOK
- Share a recent blog post
- A funny meme (something that made you laugh that your readers could
- A video or article you loved
- Ask a question using the “poll” feature on Facebook – encourages
- Ask your readers for their opinions on something – encourages
- Share an inspirational quote
- Share an image of you, your business or employees
- Offer a freebie – something valuable
Who ever said we need to perfect in order for people to like us? Don’t be afraid to share struggles or vulnerabilities from time to time to show you are a real person. This is a great way to make your brand more personable and more relatable!
FOLLOW THE FB ETIQUETTE
- Always reply to comments on posts. If you don’t reply, you could leave a
bad taste in the mouths of your followers!
- Be sure the majority of the content you post is your own. People
follow you for you. They don’t follow you just so they can read other
- Don’t post too often. Generally speaking, you don’t want to post more
than 1-2 times per day. If you don’t have a large following, you especially
don’t want to overwhelm the followers you do have with too many posts.
- If you have less than 10,000 followers, post once per day. If you have more
than 10,000 followers, post twice per day. Work on crafting better posts,
not more posts.
- Be human. Your following will be more engaged with your content if you
show them that there is a real person on the other side of the computer
screen. Don’t be afraid to share things about yourself (within reason).
TIPS FOR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
- Use keywords in the “About” section
- Add a Relevant Call to Action Button
- Claim a vanity URL ( like www.facebook.com/yourbusiness instead of facebook.com/yourbusiness-8092804829849)
- Provide Complete Company Information
- Use keywords in your photos’ captions
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
*Include pictures with your posts. They are eye-catching and increase the
likelihood people will see and engage with your content.
*Schedule posts right in Facebook instead of using other applications like
Hootsuite or Buffer. Posting through websites like Buffer don’t seem personal.
*Post at the right times on Facebook. People are usually most active
between 3pm and 8pm weekdays.
If you post 3 times a day, you can schedule your posts according to your objective. For instance, a post in the morning, when people usually check their social media like morning newspapers ( eg. 8 am), a post after noon maybe during lunch hours (2 pm) and a post at night (9 pm) when people are usually free to check out their social media before heading to bed.